Electro Deionization – EDI
Continuous, chemical-free production of High Purity and Ultra Pure Water
Advanced Electro Deionization (EDI) technology is typically implemented downstream of Reverse Osmosis (RO) equipment and is used to produce High Purity and Ultra Pure Water. As the successor to more traditional Ion Exchange resin systems, environmentally friendly EDI systems now set the standard for demineralized water production. Consuming only electricity, EDI equipment can operate continuously, making pure product water of consistent quality, without chemical waste. The systems have a very limited footprint and frequent maintenance is not required.
Companies constantly focus on reducing operating costs, improving efficiency and eliminating the use of hazardous chemicals in the workplace. For High Purity and Ultra Pure Water production EDI strongly supports these goals and many thousands of systems have been installed over 30 years, operating successfully in many environments and applications.
Most Common Uses for EDI
- Demineralized feed water for (supercritical) high pressure boilers including for Concentrated Solar Plants
- Pure water injection in gas turbines for NOx reduction
- Ultra Pure Water for Microelectronics / Semiconductor fabrication
(Highly) Purified Water and Water For Injection for the pharmaceutical industry
- Demineralized water for the petrochemical industry
- Hospital applications including Hemodialysis
- University and laboratory DI water.
Ready to Run Equipment
When we say ‘Ready-to-Run equipment’ we really mean it. The responsibility for successful implementation rests with us – not the customer.
Pure Water Group provides all-round support for Ready-to-Run equipment, including testing, commissioning and hand-over. This ensures that customers experience the smoothest possible transition from ordering to operating.
Our EDI modules are compatible with every brand of Reverse Osmosis system. Together with standard plug-and-play design, this means they can be connected quickly and easily downstream of any new or existing RO plant.
You can always rely on the fact that all of our pre-engineered EDI equipment is thoroughly wet-tested in the workshop according standard FAT procedures.
The Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) consist of the following actions:
- A pre-FAT visual and dimensional verification
- Hydrostatic pressure test
- Verification and/or calibration of the individual instruments
- Verification of EDI operation
- Verification of PLC software functions, simulation and visualization of actions and alarms.
Modules & Parts
For our customers a short delivery time is usually a vital factor when they are in need of (replacement) modules and parts. It is our policy to maintain a significant but economical stock, so that shipping can take place on demand.
Rapid transport links
Our manufacturing base and European warehouse are strategically located in The Netherlands, in between the major ports of Rotterdam and Antwerp. For air shipment both Amsterdam or Brussels airport are near enabling fast and easy distribution to all continents.
In addition to the supply of components, the customers can rely on our expertise and experience which results in a dedicated technical and commercial support.
An International Master Service Provider
Pure Water Group is an International Master Service Provider of Ionpure (Evoqua) – the world market leader in the field of Electro Deionization (EDI) and Electro Dialysis (ED) modules.
For all Ionpure Modules & Accessories Pure Water Group is Authorized to:
- Supply modules and components to trained OEMs
- Provide professional training to OEMs and end-users
- Provide support and maintenance to OEMs and end users
- Design and develop systems based EDI and ED(R) systems