|Available Detectors||Flame Ionization (FID), Thermal Conductivity (TCD), Flame Photometric (FPD), Dielectric Barrier Discharge (DBD) (configured as helium ionization or electron capture)|
|Sampling Configurations||Process online via sample valve for gas or liquid*
Manual syringe injection for gas or liquid
Autosampler injections for liquid or heated headspace
Aspiration to inlet via sample pump
*Sample handling available
|Detector / Column
|101: Single column (2-16 meters), single detector
201: Dual column (4-32 meters), dual detector in series
301: Dual column (2-16 meters), dual detector in parallel
CS: Dual column (2-16 meters), dual detector with column switching valve
GS: Single column (2-16 meters) with large sample loop, single detector w/ sample pump
GS-T: Single column (2-16 meters) with preconcentration trap, single detector w/ sample pump
|Repeatability||< ± 1% Relative Standard Deviation (RSD)|
|Temperature||Operating: 32° to 95°F (0° to 35°C)
Storage: -4° to 140°F (-20° to 60°C)
|Utilities||Carrier Gas (application-dependent)
UHP hydrogen and zero air (99.999% pure) (for FID and FPD only)
|Power||100-240 VAC 50/60 Hz with external converter
24 VDC power, 300 Watts max
|Data Management||Front-panel touchscreen for GC initialization and manual sampling functions
RS-232 and all other functions via TCP/IP Ethernet to external PC with Chromperfect® Seven software (Windows® 10 or higher OS required)**
**Windows is a registered trademark of the Microsoft Corporation
|Outputs***||Analog Outputs: 4-20 mADC (isolated), 0-1 VDC, 0-5 VDC
Digital Outputs: Relay contacts
Others available upon request
***Via external PC modules
|Dimensions||17″W x 11″H x 8.5″W (43 x 22 x 28 cm)
Approximately 25 lbs (11 kg)
The Teledyne Falcon UltraFast Gas Chromatograph is Faster, Smaller, Smarter, Easier and Greener
With analytical cycles 10 to 50 times faster than traditional chromatographs, the Falcon Series Ultrafast Gas Chromatograph (GC) vastly increases responsiveness for the data consumer in a wide range of lab, process and field applications. Less time is spent waiting on results which means more productivity and timely control of measured processes. Product output, quality and profitability are increased while field analysis becomes more practical and reliable.
The Falcon Series GC’s incredible speed inspired a new Ultrafast Simulated Distillation Method. The ASTM D7798 method can perform simulated distillation nearly 6 times faster than the previous method (D2887), with superior repeatability and reproducibility.
The elimination of the air bath column ovens, required for traditional gas chromatography, drastically reduces the Falcon Series GC footprint. Yet, the Falcon Series delivers all the functionality of much larger, higher thermal mass, traditional GCs. At 17” wide, 8.5” deep, 11” high and 25 Lbs. (43 cm x 22 cm x 28 cm & 11kg), the Falcon Series offers advanced analytical chemistry in a highly compact, versatile package.
The smaller size of the Falcon Series GC means more efficient utilization of space and, ultimately, bigger profits for the user. The small Falcon Series footprint allows for higher installation density in the laboratory and enables process installation schemes that place the analyzer much closer to its sampling point in the plant. Closer proximity means less sample lag time as well as more representative measurements for process control. This also makes hand carried and vehicular transport applications far more feasible.
Using modern computing with standard operating systems and software, the Falcon Series GC frees valuable technical resources from the daily grind of interpreting and validating chromatographic results. State-of-the-art Chromperfect® GC operating software is built in and LineUp™ software virtually eliminates misidentification of components and drastically reduces the need for expensive calibration sample runs. Less time spent calibrating the analyzer means more time spent on more economically valuable diagnostics, most notably measured process deviations from the set-point. In addition to Chromperfect®, Infometrix Pirouette® is an optional software that may be added to enable interface with process automation.
Teledyne’s patented direct heating of the temperature-programmed column modules allow the Falcon Series GC to avoid the complicated and troublesome valve schemes used in isothermal process analyzers and many lab gas chromatographs. The Falcon Series GC’s patented overall modular design also makes diverse application engineering and maintenance easier, as column and detector modules are readily changed out as needed.
Correlation between laboratory systems and online process control systems become realistically possible with the Falcon Series system, because both physical packages use the same measurement principle, hardware and methodology. Applying the Falcon Series GC in-lab and online means less time spent reconciling lab and process measurements and validating which result is correct. More time can be spent working on valuable, direct process optimization.
The obvious and extraordinary features and benefits of the Falcon Series GC combine to yield something that may not be that evident: Green Process Analytical Chemistry. The Falcon Series GC is greener, whether in the control laboratory, online in the processing plant, near line in the pilot plant or when transported for field measurements. By consuming less than 300 Watts in operation, the Falcon Series GC uses about 1/10th of the power of traditional GCs.
With analytical cycles that are many times faster and the low electrical load needed for operation, the Falcon Series GC’s power consumption per analysis is 1% or less of the energy required by traditional gas chromatography. Combine these savings with the reduction in workload for air conditioning systems and the Falcon Series solution is greener still. The Falcon Series product life cycle environmental impact from manufacturing throughout its useful lifetime to disposal is far less than traditional GCs.
Faster, Smaller, Smarter, Easier, Greener = better quality, increased productivity, profitability and versatility, with far less hassle and environmental impact. That summarizes the business concept for the ultrafast, compact, ultra-user friendly, energy efficient, highly durable, practical, reliable and economical Falcon Series Ultrafast Gas Chromatograph.
Column Module and Detector Module
With its patented modular columns and detectors platform, application range is second only to analytical speed in the list of Falcon Series GC advantages. Consider these diverse capabilities:
- Gas or liquid samples
- Fixed gases & hydrocarbons up to C50
- Petroleum products & biodiesel formulations up to C50
- FID, TCD, FPD or DBD (configured as helium ionization or electron capture)
- Single column module lengths up to 16 meters
- Dual column module units with 32 meters total length
- Dual detector configurations
- Dual column heart cut configurations
The Falcon Series process enclosure is also modular and compact. The all-weather Falcon Series enclosure can even be tucked away “in the pipes” when needed. For most environments, the Falcon Series enclosure can be installed outdoors with only rain and sun protection, or in very economical 3-sided shelters. The enclosure module also includes an optional built in efficient air conditioning system and has configurations for NEC, ATEX or IECEx hazardous area locations available with purge.
The Falcon Series GC Autosamplers offer many outstanding features.
- Servo motor drive
- Simultaneous X-Y movement – not sequential
- Faster, quieter – more reliable movementFast injections – software programmed control
- Simple operation methods linked to the Falcon Series GC Ultra-reliable and durable
- Direct syringe and heated headspace injections Headspace analysis
- Variable injection rates
- Variable syringe fill rates
- Multiple tray options
The Falcon Series GC’s compact size and superior performance makes mobile systems for GC analysis a functional reality.
- Upstream E&P evaluations
- Environmental emissions monitoring
- Roadside fuel marker detection
- Transportable product authentication
- Pipeline product interface detection
- Forensic analysis
- Fence-line monitoring
The Falcon Series Ultrafast Gas Chromatograph is a widely applicable, fast programmed temperature gas chromatograph consisting of:
- Injection methods include gas or liquid manual syringe injections, liquid or heated headspace autosampler injections and gas or liquid sample valve injections
- The sample can be drawn in through the inlet via a sample vacuum pump and is typically used in ambient air monitoring
- One or two column modules can be run simultaneously either in a series or parallel to one or two detectors
- Teledyne’s patented direct heating, precalibrated and individually programmed temperature column modules, enabling dual simultaneous analysis on the same sample, using different separation media and temperature profiles for maximum selectivity
- Flame Ionization Detection, Thermal Conductivity Detection, Flame Photometric and Dielectric Barrier Discharge detectors are available
- Maximum detector operating temperature is 662°F (350°C), application dependent
- Chromperfect® chromatography data system running on a Windows PC. Optional Infometrix® and Pirouette® software may be added to enhance data analysis and interface
- System configurations enabling measurements of fixed gases up through components with boiling points equivalent to n – C50. Samples can be gas or liquid phase and can be directly injected into the split/splitless injection port. Optional SP/ME and other sampling methods are available
- Boiling Range Distribution of Gasoline and Gasoline Fractions D3710
- BTEX in Ambient Air
- Catalyst Reaction Monitoring (chemical)
- Catalyst Reaction Monitoring (Hydrocarbon Processing)
- Ethanol in Wine and Distilled Spirits
- Extended Natural Gas
- Fermenter Off Gas
- Food Grade Fatty Acids
- Fusel Oils In Wine and Distilled Spirits
- HC analysis of Upstream Condensate Samples
- Liquefied Petroleum Gases
- Marker Analysis in Fuel
- Methyl Acetylene and Propadiene in Ethylene Process
- Propylene Oligomers
- Reactor Monitoring
- Refinery Gas
- SF6 Tracer
- SIMDIS Analysis for Diesel in Lube Oil
- SIMDIS Analysis for Gasoline Blending
- SIMDIS Analysis for Liquid Fuels and Fuel Component Characterization
- Simulated Distillation D7798
- Sulfur Components in Liquid Phase HC Samples
- Sulfur Compounds in C1-C6+ in Refinery Gas
- Sulfur Compounds in Propylene
- Sulfur in Coker Gas
- Total Non-Methane HCs and Sulfur Compounds in Ambient Air
- Total Non-Methane Hydrocarbons in Ambient Air
- Total Petroleum Hydrocarbons