Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester
UTCI-0150 Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester, 150 Joules
UTCI-0300 Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester, 300 Joules
UTCI-0450 Motorized Pendulum Impact Tester, 450 Joules
UTCI-0555 Charpy Impact Striker (2 mm Radius), ISO
UTCI-0555A Charpy Impact Striker (8 mm Radius), ASTM
UTCI-0557 Tongs for Centering Charpy Specimens, ASTM, ISO
UTCI-0558 Izod İmpact striker, ASTM
Impact test determines the amount of energy absorbed by a material during fracture. This absorbed energy is a measure of a given material’s toughness and acts as a tool to study temperature-dependent nature of brittle-ductile transition
UTCI series motorized pendulum impact testers are fully automated and high performance devices which are ideal for testing metals according to Charpy and Izod standards up to capacities of 450J.
U-type pendulums are suspended on a sturdy steel pedestal which is designed to be attached to a concrete base or a strong floor. Pendulum is driven by an electric motor and an electromagnetic clutch system. The fall of the pendulum is initiated with a latch mechanism so that the fall is sudden and unaffected from any friction losses.
After the test, the pendulum is automatically captured and returned to the starting position. Angle, therefore position readings of the pendulum are done by a rotary encoder and the data is processed by a colored touch screen control unit to display absorbed energy values.
Utest impact testers can run with both user command and door triggered modes and in both modes the automation of the device together with the safety cabin is designed to prevent any unforeseen accidents and user injuries. Door triggered testing mode enables the fast and continuous testing for temperature sensitive tests and user command mode provides for more control for the operator.
Heat treated anvils and the striker are replaceable for both to be changed because wear caused by the long term use and to allow 8 mm radius striker to be mounted on the pendulum.
Typical field of use: Universities, laboratories of the institutions, automotive and aero companies, R&D Labs, steel manufacturers, etc.
Referance Specimen Sets for Indirect Verification are certified by DAkkS and include 5 identical specimens.. The Testing Machines are supplied complete with safety cabin, izod striker (UTCI-0558), charpy impact strikers (with an 2 mm radius and 4 mm radius) and a tongs for centering charpy specimens (UTCI-0557).
- Available capacities for Charpy and Izod testing are: 150J, 300J, 450J
- Fast response electromagnetic clutch mechanism.
- Ergonomic use of control unit and cabin door.
- Clearance between supports of 40 mm,
- Nominal fall angle is 150 degree,
- Suitable for specimens of 10 x 10 x 55 mm
- Cabin door sensitive automatic testing mode that enables the fast and continuous testing and manual mode for more control for the operator.
- Highly senstive encoder to take the angle readings for every position of the hammer and to capture the very peak point of the rise angle.
- Direct verification menu to verify the losses and calculate the error as described in the standards (air resistance, bearing resistance, etc.).
Standards for UTCI Series
- ASTM E23 Standard Test Methods for Notched Bar Impact Testing of Metallic Materials
- EN ISO 148 Metallic Materials – Charpy Pendulum Impact Test
- Fixtures/strikers are available for each test standard