Phasis Paut Spotweld Inspection System
The new ultrasonic inspection device PHAsis®one – the first phased array spot weld inspection device offering a previously unattained physical resolution of the spot weld diameter more precise than 0.35 mm. The ultrasonic testing device was designed for the accurate inspection of resistance welded spots of steel- or aluminium sheets. It’s ideally suited for the inspection of 2- or 3-layer joints with a single sheet thickness of 0,7 – 5mm. With PHAsis®one defect areas can be determined time-saving and precise.
- Specially developed for usage in production.
- Imaging display (D-scan),
- More than 700 measurment points per spot weld in a measuring grid,
- Probe wih 20 MHz and 121 elements in an 11×11 matrix,
- Test area 9x9mm2,
- Short testing time of a few seconds per spot, approx. 500 – 800 spots per shift and device
Why a Phased Array spot weld inspection device?
The use of Phased Array technology has several advantages over conventional ultrasonic technology:
- PHAsis®makes the welding “visible” and facilitates the evaluation of the spot weld quality.
- The simultaneous recording of more than 700 measuring points results in a high resolution of more than 0.35 mm for the welding lens diameter. In combination with mathematical functions, this results in exact diameter determination based on reflected ultrasound.
- An automatic, imaging evaluation proposal as well as the determination of the welding lens diameter on the basis of stored parameters enables a reliable spot weld inspection without ultrasonic expert knowledge.
- The simultaneous scanning of a larger inspection area shortens inspection times.
- In contrast to testing with conventional ultrasonic probes, changing the probe for the testing of different specimens is not necessary.
Characteristics of the PHAsis® spot weld inspection device
- Imaging display (D-Scan) of more than 700 measuring points per spot weld in a measuring grid,
- Phased Array ultrasonic probe with 20 MHz and 121 elements in an 11×11 matrix.
- Large inspection field of 9 x 9 mm2.
- Short test times of a few seconds per weld spot.
- Automated creation of an evaluation proposal for the spot weld quality.
- Reliable evaluation due to the imaging display of the test results.
- Extremely user-friendly testing and evaluation software with little training effort.
- Low weight of the battery-operated testing device of 3.5 kg.