Switch Mode Power Supply & Control Options
The PSSW power supplies are high-frequency switch mode AC/DC converters, providing constant control of current of Electrodeionization (EDI) and Eletrodialysis (EDI) modules, while no isolation transformer is required. The optimizes system performance and allows a more cost-effective and simplified solution for electrical system design. PSSW power supplies are of modular design and can be operated both individual and in parallel arrangement of display (DSPPSSW08) and PLC (CISW00108 control interface) or a combination of display (DSPPSSW08) and PLC (CISW00108 control interface)
The PSSW units are recommended to be used indoors and under normal environmental conditions (humidity, temperature, dust levels). The units are connected to either a single or three-phase power supply. Prior to connection, appropriate unit fusing precautions must be followed. The PSWW can be operated continuously.
PSSW Switch Mode Power Supply Features?
- Compact design, small footprint
- Simples EDI/ED system design
- Suitable for either Current and Voltage control, both fully adjustable
- A practical wide range of input voltage
(195-265VAC for single phase units, 360-460VAC for 3 phase units)
- Parallel arrangements possible for higher current application
- Integrated overcurrent and over voltage protection
- Input and output galvanic separated
- High power factor, even at low power draw
- Very high efficiency
- Low vulnerability to incoming power quality issues
- On-board diagnosis
- Remote control via:
- DSPPSW01 for Display Control only
- DSPPSSW08 + CISW00108 for both Display Control and optional PLC control
- CISW00108 for PLC control
- Analogue signals
- On board trimmers
- Digital signals
- RS485 Modbus RTU
The following PSSW power supply units are available
- PSSWO70505 – 1ph DC power supply 230VAC – 0-70VDC/0-50A Maximum 2,9kW
- PSSW140255 – 1ph DC power supply 230VAC – 0-140VDC/0-25A Maximum 2,9kW
- PSSW30024 – 3ph DC power supply 3×400 VAC–0-300VDC/0-24A Maximum 4,8kW
- PSSW60012 – 3ph DC power supply 3x400VAC – 0-600VDC/0-124A Maximum 4,8kW
Display control of single PSSW by DSPPSSW01 Control Display
The DSPPSSW01 Control Display enables stand-alone display control of the PSSW power supply. The Control Display communicates with the PSSW by CANbus and allows setting, visualization and alarms of the PSSW.
PLC control by CISW00108 Control Interface:
The CISW000108 Control Interface enables PLC control of the PSSW power supply and expands opportunities via different means beyond the built CAN interface. Utilizing the Control Interface PSSW power supplies can be operated either by analogues signals, PWM signals or by the RS485 interface.
Actual DC voltages and DC currents to EDI/ED modules are available for communication to PLC by analogue signals or by Modbus RTU through RS485. Also alarm and operation signals from each PSSW power supply are available for communications to PLC.
Display and PLC control of 1-8 PSSW by DSPPSW08 Control Display with CISW00108 Control Interface:
The DSPPSSW08 Control Display together with the CISW00108 Control Interface enables both display and PLC control of multiple (1-8) PSSW power supplies. The DSPPSSW08 Control Display allows stand-alone display control, while the CISW00108 Control Interface allows PLC monitoring and control. Communication between the DSPPSSW08 and the CISW00108 is Modbus RTU protocol over RS485 interface.
Actual DC voltages and DC currents to EDI/ED modules are available for communication to PLC by analogue signals through the CISW00108 control interface. Also alarm and operation signals from each PSSW power supply are available for communication to PLC.